Is Your Property Inventory London Complete? Find Out Now!
A Property Inventory is a documents, usually accompanied with media, that contains information regarding the contents of a property and their condition. Two identical reports are created during a tenancy, one before a tenant moves in the property with their own luggage and one after the tenant has left along with all their personal possessions. Both of these reports are essential for landlords and tenants as they serve as a legal touchstone for the quality of property and its contents for future reference. A property inventory London is considered as the most important document after the tenancy agreement and proof of payments of course that is why it imperative that it be prepared with utmost care and consideration. The following text can help in determining whether a property inventory is correct or not.
A property inventory should not be taken for granted even if it was prepared by an outside company. Once you are presented with the inventory, you should inspect the property room by room in comparison with the details mentioned in the document. The photographs added to the inventory should reflect the current situation of the property and its contents.
For tenants or landlords who have little or no experience with property inventories, assessing the validity of the document can be a difficult task. However, given below are some key features all “good” property inventories share.
- Full names of the landlord, tenants and letting agents (if any).
- The date when the inventory was organised and the name of the person responsible.
- A detailed list of the interior and exterior fixtures and fittings along with their condition.
- Meter readings and their serial numbers.
- Photographs of the items mentioned above. If these photographs are not part of the document they need to be separately signed and referenced.
- All relevant receipts.
- The Property Inventory London should be dated and signed by both the landlord and tenant after agreeing to the document.
- It should also be made sure all pages included in the inventory are also initialed.
Both landlords and tenants should very carefully look out for irregularities in the above mentioned aspects.
Or…you can simply get in touch with us and let us handle your property inventory London . We at Zacharias Jay Inventory Services realise the difficulties that may arise due to an incomplete or invalid property inventory. We believe that the best service we can provide to our customers is the peace of mind that they are being dealt with in the most professional and affable manner. Our work force has several years of experience in preparing inventories for all kinds of properties. Our property inventories have played a pivotal role in avoiding expensive disputes between tenants and landlords.